Friday, July 10, 2015

Rustic Outdoor Tablescape


Green grass, blue skies, gentle breeze and chirping birds .... a perfect summer ambiance that inspired me to put together this simple rustic outdoor tablescape in our backyard.

When creating a rustic themed setting, the possibilities are endless. My only rule though is keep it SIMPLE! Here are some tips when working on a rustic themed table setting ....


  • A wooden table is a perfect canvas for a rustic setting.
  • Combine colors that mimic nature's hues. Personally, green, brown, white and beige are my favorite rustic palette.
  • Instead of placemats, I used tin plate chargers. They are perfect with simple white plates on top.
  • Do not fuss over miss matched table napkins. I think they add character to the setting. For this arrangement, I used different design but I made sure they are the same size and all with different shades of green


  • Bamboo utensils tied with natural jute twine are my choice for an informal outdoor get-together.
  • Adding herbs on top of the utensils is always a good idea. {Use herbs with sturdy stems like rosemary or thyme. I used lemon thyme form the garden for this arrangement.}. The aroma of different herbs is always a good conversational topic before a meal.

  • This is the perfect time to bring out those tin cans! what could be more rustic than that?
  • Use wild flowers if available. Since I live in he countryside, I always get mine from the roadside. Always free!
  • Use empty clear wine bottles to hold water.
  • Embellish with nature inspired ornaments {ex. moss, pieces of tree bark, bird's nest, etc.}. This time I added this ceramic bird houses salt and pepper shaker - useful and whimsical.

  • If the setting is for late afternoon to dinner, use citronella candles to keep those mosquitoes at bay.

Last but not the least, enjoy the ambiance and bon appetit!


Linking with : Treasure Hunt Thursday
                        Thursday Favorite Things



4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your gorgeous table at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi, wow I saw your table setting on Katherine's and wanted to stop over, I love it, looks so fun.The use of the watering can and lantern are so cute!! I would love to have you stop by and share on my Wordless Wednesday this week, starts later today please!!
    I would be honored!!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mei Ann - I loved your tablescape! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop! I have featured you on my Tuesday Treasures! Hope you can stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...