Monday, March 15, 2010

Blooms and Butterflies

Daylight Saving Time begun last Saturday night. I know it's just an hour change but it never fails to disrupt my sleeping pattern! The only good thing about it is the fact that spring is just lurking around the corner!!!! Inspired by the thought of blooming flowers and butterflies, I made a couple of "Thank You" cards ....

I stamped and heat embossed the butterflies {Inkadinkado stamp} with clear embossing power and applied chalk inks in green, orange, brown and yellow using resist technique. I embellished the bow with a vintage button I found at Salvation Army store.

For the second card, I used my Hero Art flower stamp on white cardstock and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

I sprayed a touch of copper perfect pearl mist {Ranger} to match the orange bow. I added the aqua gems which I thought are nice contrast to the black blooms.

Nature is such an excellent inspiration. The sketch over at CPS is an icing on the cake too!

Don't you just love Mondays? I do.

Mei Ann

1 comment:

  1. These are both gorgeous! The heat embossing of those images is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...