Saturday, March 27, 2010

Je Me Souviens {I remember}

I was so excited when I read Moxi Fab World's Picking Up the Pieces Challenge. Lately. I'm enjoying cutting the details of fancy pattered papers and create a scene like what I did here and here.

So last night I searched for a photo taken by my hubby one breezy Sunday afternoon in "Ville de Montreal" where we lived for more than 3 years before moving permanently here in Ontario. I love Montreal and I really miss walking along the streets of Vieux Montreal where the "old world" blends beautifully with modern cafes, galleries, vibrant open market and colorful flower shops. I want to re-capture those afternoons we spent just strolling or people watching {who by the way are always dressed like they just came out from a fashion photo shoots} or picking fresh flowers or even just smelling the freshly-baked croissant from the "boulangerie" in a layout.


To re-create these scenes, I used Webster's pages "salon les fleur" from their postcard from Paris collection. I also cut out papers from old greetings cards sent to me by 2 of my friends { sorry, ladies. i kept the dedication though :-)} Can't help to stamp something on the layout so I added the birdbath {which I love so much} from Inkadinkado and the postcard stamp {used as background for the photo} from Prima.

Ah, Quebec, tu es la belle province! Je me souviens! A bientot!

Bonne fete semaine,

Mei Ann

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a wonderful page - you've really shown the magic of your memories! Best of luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous page. I love all the little details and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win! This page is just amazing with so many interesting details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your LO is so creative - congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...