Monday, October 28, 2013

Bites and Nibbles @ George


After a late afternoon walk while in Grandville Island Vancouver, I took the water taxi and headed for Yaletown for a quick bite. Since it was too early for dinner, I opted for cocktails and tried George Lounge along Hamilton Street.

George's interior is trendy and cozy - from the huge, intricate  blown glass chandelier above the onyx bar to the red velvet and black leather chairs. The heated and covered patio where I decided to take my cocktails was also comfortable and  perfect for people watching (my favorite past time when traveling alone).


They have a good selection of cocktails but since I am watching my caloric intake for the past 2 months, I settled for a glass of refreshing Pinot Grigio. Then ordered two appetizers from George's :From the Kitchen" menu - Beet and Goats Cheese Salad and Dungeness Crab Cake.

The salad was perfect - beets are roasted and lightly pickled - its sweetness was a perfect contrast to the salty goat cheese. The lemon vanilla vinaigrette was subtle yet noticeable in the palate. The surprising ingredient was the sweet and tangy pomelo - a nice touch to the perfect salad. The crab cake was just OK. It was  a bit dry for my liking. However, I loved the rouille and pickled fennel that were served with the dish.


GEORGE
1137 Hamilton St.
Vancouver, BC

George: Ultra Lounge & Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...