Sunday, January 18, 2009

D is for DAMASK

I love hoarding papers with Damask designs. It must be the Asian in me that is drawn to the intricate and classy patterns (China, India Persia and Syria are among the first producers of Damask) .

Gone are the days when Damask was synonymous to table cloth and curtains. I was surfing the net for inspiration one night when voila!... I found this ...!!!

It would be nice to wear these boots while shoveling the snow, don't you think?

Back to my protect .....with Damask in mind, I made a birthday card for Mamang (my mom-in-law) who celebrated her birthday last week. Happy birthday Mang! Love from JV and me.




Papers: Brazzill (White & Teal), Basicgreay (Ambrosia;entice)
Stamps: Clear flower stamp, Inkadinkado (Chelsea sentiments)

Inks: Versa Magic (Sage), Color Box (Dark Brown)
Embellishments: Making Memories (Sabrina gem), ribbon, butterfly



2 comments:

  1. Wow dear this is so gorgeous!Im sure Mom will be happy to receive such a lovely hand made card.Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, mei ann!

    thanks for visiting my blog. cheers to the philippine bananas! I am deadset into eating this stuff for the best part of the first quarter this year. sana successful!

    oh yeah, damasks... I have tons of it in my scraps. I even have a kurtina arriving next month for my scrap room :)

    take care!

    ~bjay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...