Sunday, May 30, 2010

A la Mona Lisa


I was browsing old pictures when I came home from church this afternoon and saw an old photo of mine taken in front of La Musee de Louvre back in 1998. I was fortunate to spend a good amount of time in Paris while completing my training in Marketing. If we were not exploring neighboring European countries, our weekends were usually spent inside museums and trendy cafes. The visit to the Louvre was definitely a highlight.



My hubby and I braved the long line just to see the famous lady with the mystique smile. Mona Lisa did not disappoint {except for the miniscule size of the painting!!!}, she is really a lovely work of art! With her mind I worked on this card using a stamp from Artful Stamps I found at one the Scrapfests ......



Since Moxifab World is currently hosting the Fun With Fabric Challenge, I punched 2 small holes on the shoulder blades and inserted a piece of violet silk to create an off-shoulder top accented by green gems which I think is very classic and elegant just like the image of the lady. The sentiment is from Fiskars' Soiree des dames collection. Oooh la la!

Bonne journee mes amis!

Mei Ann

2 comments:

  1. So creative, Mei Ann! Love how you used the fabric and the pop of colors with the black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mei Ann! Thanks for entering the Fun with Fabric challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...