Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sunday Flea Market

My hubby whisked me away to Kingston for a little birthday weekend getaway. After a sumptuous lunch of steak fajita and margaritas on Sunday, he brought me to one of my favorite places on earth - the flea market!



There's something about flea markets that make my heart sing with joy. For me, it is about giving new life to these treasures. I like making up happy stories between these old things and their previous owners - like the empty medicine bottles which probably helped the injured or the sick. The old lamps which illuminated happy homes in the years gone by.Or the tattered sauce metal dish that witnessed countless Thanksgiving and Christmas family gatherings. If only these treasures can talk!

Think happy thoughts!

Shsred with: This or That Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Flea markets are always fascinating ~ wonderful photography ~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been months since I visited the flea market... I'm going to have to get back there, soon... wonderful finds... I've never seen a cardboard Coke carry like that =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flea markets.
    And thrift shops.
    And Goodwill.
    So many possibilities.
    Even if I don't buy anything (more and more likely)...
    the photo opportunities make these places a joy.
    You have taken some great ones.
    It was great to take/process these so they are faded or monotone.
    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these capture the environment so well!! What a fun place to browse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tone of these. Great post!

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog and "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...