Friday, June 29, 2012

l'asperge {asparagus}

One of the things I truly enjoy in late spring to early summer is the asparagus season. Did you know that there are about 300 varieties of asparagus but unfortunately only about 30 are edible.

My gustatory love affair with asparagus started later in life. As a kid growing up in Manila, access to asparagus was not that easy. It was when I spent a good amount of time in Paris in my late twenties that I discovered the succulent fleshy green spears of l'asperge - simply grilled and drizzled with olive or truffle oil! Oh la la!



Many years after, I am still hooked - in fact even more! One of the the promises of spring and summer that is worth waiting for!




Have a  fantastic weekend everyone!


Shared with:

This or That Tursday

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! LOVE your whole set up & plates too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I love them too and the same way - grilled and drizzled with olive oil! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very photogenic and your plate looks wonderful, but I'll have to pass on the greens, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...