Monday, June 10, 2013

Bites and Nibbles @ Europea

A trip to Montreal simply means indulging in one of my guilty pleasures - Je mange du foie gras!

During my last vist, my friends and I tried the Europea Restaurant at Rue dela Montagne. From the elegant atmosphere of the restaurant to the inventive presentations of delicious amuse bouces, it was indeed an excellent culinary experience. 

The restautant host was so gracious answering all my questions regarding the food preparation and ingredients. He even invited me to peek into the kitchen with my camera ... even that was a sight to behold ... it was more of watching a maestro in a studio than a chef in the kitchen!

 

My taste buds was already in "gustatory ecstasy" from Chef Jerome Ferrer's samplers when our waiter informed us that the piece de resistance - the foie gras is ready to be served. A white plate with smokey hot stone in the middle covered in tall glass came in. The maple bark stewed pan-seared foie gras was served on top of the stone with ice wine, cloudberry and cinnamon reduction. It was really delicious.


For dessert, the chef offered us mint mallows, petite apricot cake, macaron and something unexpected ... cotton candy!


Europea is not just fine dinning. This is a place where art meets culinary excellence.

C'est magnifique!

EUROPEA
1227 Rue de la Montagne
Montreal


Europea on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...