Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas @ Birdsong : The Tea Room


Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas here at Birdsong - our home sweet home. I am done decorating the front parlour, dinning room and tea room/library area. All the decorations this year are recycled from previous years but moved from different places to give it a new look. 

Welcome to our tea room slash library.


Our tea room is surrounded with dark wood wainscoting and built in shelves filled with our favorite books. I have been begging my hubby to paint the wood but to no avail {I wonder why men prefer dark wood? Or is it just my hubby?}. I have to admit though that this room is so cozy specially in the winter time with the fire place switched on. This Christmas, I filled it with country style holiday decor - deep greens and reds, lanterns, burlap and fire wood. 


Since this is where we serve tea to guests, this room is always filed with music. I decorated the table where the iPhone speaker dock is located with "carolers" made of wood and green and red cloths. When the iPhone is playing Christmas music, it looks like the carolers are ending the music to the room!


From our tea room to yours, JOY, LOVE, HOPE and PEACE this Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...