Monday, April 27, 2009

Made Up Geisha

Just want to share a layout I made recently for Pinoy Scrapbookers's challenge called "stamp attack". I love stamps. No, I take that back. I am addicted to stamps so I could not let this challenge pass me by.

As the title says, the layout should include stamped images as embellishments. But there's a catch, you have to use at least one stamped image from a non-professional manufactured stamp! In short you have to make your own stamp image!!! This one really made me think hard. Here's what I did ...
  1. I cut a piece of flowered-design thick lace and attached it to a wine cork.
  2. To create a distance between the fabric and the cork, I used pop-up glue dot.
  3. Apply ink { for this project I used Dew Drop - Brilliance in Pearl Thyme} to the fabric as usual and here it is .... a flower stamp!



Have a great work week!

3 comments:

  1. hi mis Mei Ann! Im Ellen Rose Saturnino, thank you for viewing my blog. im actually a newbie in blogspot. i also have my blog at multiply.com you can visit my blog there too. at www.peepsandcliques.multiply.com

    by the way i super love the pages you have here on your blog, it really shows your asian influence.
    oh im so happy to know that there are filipinos who participate in these things. I thought i was the only one... hehehe...

    oh, I know i have a long way to go but im starting up pretty well. Thank you for offering to give me some of your materials, I know there in canada you have easy access for these stuff'

    here in the philippines i have to ride a plane, go to manila just to buy if ever some craft tools and they're very expensive. im from the province of Iloilo in region 6. I am still in college, im studying in U.P. Visayas BS management. and scrapbooking is my creative outlet. (too much studying... makes me go crazy o,o) I'd love to have those materials you might probably got tired of already... hehehe... i'll send u my address, e-mail etc.. if you want' heheh im so happy! im totally into stamps, punchers, patterned paper, ribbons, basically everything. i'm so short of supply on craft tools. I envy those who have these cool equipment in di-cutting or even just paper slicing... (basically all the tools i dont have' ahahaha) but i'd appreciate anything ull be able to send if you can... ^,^

    You are a kind hearted filipino'
    have you ever visited the country? you must' and someday maybe we could meet. I have a friend thier in canada too, we chat often. Thank you again miss mei ann. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mei!!! I love the geisha stamp on ur LO. so cute!!! That's hero arts, right? Thanks for dropping by at my blog. You should also add me to the blogs you follow. hahaha.
    Have a nice day!!!

    Hugs
    rowee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really look like a Japanese doll ;o)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...